The Making of - "A Morning In Province" Using 3DS Max by Julien CHIARI.... [Page - 2 cont.]
CGIndia Featured Article
Bump Texture :
For the lighting of the scene I used only 3 lights: 2 directional spots (1 and 2) and a VrayLight Dome (3). The Dome to simulate the ambient light coming from the sky, slightly tinted in blue. 2 directional spots to simulate the sunlight, slightly tinted in yellow. The first spot to light the whole of the scene and the second right for the branches in foreground. These branches do not project shadows on the scene. The shadows of foliage come from three plans (with a mask of opacity) placed in front of the spot..
Than, I applied a small blur to the mask so that the shadow of the foliage becomes little blured, for making it look more realistic.
I have Used VRay Rendering Engine for obvious reson to making the whole scene look as realistic as possible. Check the Images (below) for the Vray Renderer, GI and irradiance mapping Parameters.
I have also added a small depth of field. The focus is done from the target of the camera by activating - Get focal distance from camera.
And here is the Final Rendering Output in Vray without any compositing or Touch-ups!
Render time : 8 H 42 min.
Hardware : Pentium 4 CPU 3.20GHz, 1.50 Go RAM.
Author - Julien CHIARI
Author Email - email@example.com
Authors Website Link - http://chiari.3dvf.net/
More 3ds Max Tutorials:
* Learn VRay Studio Lighting * (3ds Max + VRay Tutorial) - VRay Lighting Tutorial!
* Organic 3D Modeling Series (3ds Max Tutorials) [Part-1 The HEAD] - 3dsmax organice modeling Tutorial!
* Learn How to Make SpaceShip In 3ds Max - 3D Studio Max Tutorial!
* 3DS Max Video Tutorial, how to 3D Model a Car Rim - 3D Modeling Car Rim
* Two 3ds Max Video Tutorials For Beginners (highway |basket ball) - 3ds max Video tutorial
* 3D Modeling and rendering MayBach 57 in 3ds max - 3D Car Modeling Tutorial
* Learn 3D Modeling a Digital Radio in 3D Studio Max - 3d modeling tutorial
© 2005 - 2006 CGIndia - Independent Online Publication !!